Thursday, April 29, 2010

Live what you Love!

For some reason I've been feeling somewhat uninspired as of late. I don't know if it's because I sense a major part of my life (at least it's been a major part for the last year) coming to close (yoga teacher training) or if I'm slightly overwhelmed by the amount of activities I have scheduled in a single week, or if it's a combination of both.

But, then, yesterday, I received a birthday gift from a friend. It's an awesome letterpress print from Hijirik Design Studio. It simply says 'Live What You Love', but it's such a perfect gift. It came at the exact right time and reminded me that, though things may be coming to an end and may be a bit hectic, I'm so lucky to be living what I love. I've been able to identify what it is that really makes me happy and make it a major part of my life. And if that isn't inspiring, I'm not sure what is.

Last night at class, I decided to set my intention to be re-inspired by my yoga practice. I think I'd fallen into a yoga slump - I was just going through the movements and not really noticing how each asana was affecting not only my body, but also my mind.

I've definitely felt this kind of slump outside of yoga, too, when I just seem to float through life, not really experiencing each moment because I want to skip ahead to the next big thing and when I stop to think about it, I realize it's such a shame to let the moments pass me by without noticing. I know if I were to slow down, I'd be inspired by so many things - big and small - and I'd realize each day that I'm living what I love, which is something to be thankful for in and of itself. So, as they say, stop (or maybe just slow down) and smell the roses (or if I had it my way, the lilacs :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by 2008

Back to TOP