The last thing I wanted to do this morning was get out of bed at an early hour to get ready for yoga, but it was the last day of my first teacher training apprenticeship and people were expecting me to be there and I knew I needed to be there. So, despite the urge to snuggle back under my covers for another hour or two of sleep, I got out of bed and ready for class.
To be completely honest I didn't want to deal with other people this morning. It had been a late night and I wasn't in a giving mood, however, somewhere inside I knew that's exactly what I needed.
I've always loved picking out the perfect gift and watching the person's reaction. It's something that has always given me such pleasure. But this morning spending time with other yogis and yoginis helping them find their first urdhva dhanurasana (wheel pose) or dolphin, reminded me that giving is so much more than finding the perfect gift or material possession. Taking time to share your knowledge with others, lending a thoughtful ear, and enveloping a friend in a hug are the ultimate gifts. I was lucky enough this morning to experience all of these things and I'm so happy I listened to that inner voice that told me to wake up and get to yoga. More times than not that voice (probably my gut?) is right and when I follow it, I find myself in a much better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment