Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Quiet of Morning

For my birthday my mom presented me with a five-year journal. Each day the journal poses a different question allowing me to essentially watch myself change and grow over the years. I decided what better time to begin than on my 27th birthday?

The other day (April 14) it asked, "What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday morning?". At first I thought my answer would be getting and enjoying a cup of coffee, but I've decided to read each question in the morning and then fill in my answer just before going to bed. I don't make a point of thinking about my answer all day, I just let it linger in my mind throughout the day.

And what I realized by the end of day Thursday is what I actually love most about Sunday mornings (at least this year :)) is the morning. I love waking up before most everyone else, opening the sliding door to my balcony (winter, summer, spring, or fall) to get a breath of fresh air, finding a comfy spot (be it my couch or a spot at a coffee shop), and spending the rest of the morning reading or writing. And if I can find a cup of good coffee or a spot of tea, then even better :). This quiet time for myself is a beautiful thing and I'm thankful for the calm routine I've created for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by 2008

Back to TOP