Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Changing of the Seasons

I'm back! I took a bit of a hiatus as I was traveling and adjusting to a new schedule. I spent a long weekend in LA celebrating a friend's wedding (and eating lots of delicious food and seeing quite of bit of LA with a good friend) and just received word that I'm officially on a studio's sub list so I've been working on how I can fit in everything that's important to me. And one of those things is taking advantage of everything fall has to offer!

As we move into the end of September, we transition to one of my favorite times of year. A couple years ago if you asked me my favorite time of year, I would have said spring. But now, it's by far, fall. I love the crisp, cool weather (doesn't fall just smell divine?), the change of colors in the leaves (one of the things I miss most about Madison - nothing around here can compare), the commencement of football season (both professional (Go Bears!) and college (Go Cats!)), pumpkin patches and apple orchards, my list could go on and on.

As much as I love pumpkin patches and apple orchards, I think my favorite parts of fall are the changes in the weather and the trees. I love the clear blue skies crisp air and having to throw on a light sweater. And even though it happens every year, I always get a surge of excitement when I see the first bunch of red or yellow leaves on a tree (came across my first tree yesterday!). I'm so thankful for this connection to nature - it never ceases to amaze me - and I think the changing of the seasons reminds me to stay in the moment and enjoy the transition, especially since winter seems to come quicker every year (though I'm one of the few who actually admits to liking Chicago winters).

So, even if fall doesn't rank first on your list of favorite seasons, take a minute to notice the changes - the weather, the trees, the ripe apples, and the excitement about the beginning of football season and enjoy it while it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by 2008

Back to TOP